21 May 2009

living in gratitude 67 : race for life


Neridah + I being silly last summer

A few weeks ago I wrote on my blog that if people wanted to help me (those living outside of Paris), they could do something to help others/ bring joy to others, and tell me of the experience.

Neridah whom is based in London, took this on + ran in a marathon at Battersea Park to raise money for cancer research. She did the run two days after my op on 6th May.

She told me it was a really moving experience as each participant had the name of the person they were running for, a person affected by cancer, on their back. There were signs marked "mum", "dad", "myself"... Neridah ran with "Nathalie" marked on her back.


She exceeded her fund-raising goal too!

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/neridahleembruggen/

No comments: