27 March 2009

living in gratitude 36 : 97 hrs of radiotherapy to go

I am writing this from my bed, flat on my back... not an easy way to eat, grab anything on my side table, to type.... Up until 4 hours ago I was in such extreme discomfort/ constant pain from my back being in the same position (there was no relief because I cannot change position and this was driving me insane...) that I just didn't know how I was going to get through another 4 days flat on my back with no movement. I was having fantasies of being able to get up and go to the loo... and another fantasy of lying on my side for an hour... another fantasy of falling asleep...

Fortunately, four hours ago, I got dosed up with morpheine and feel comfortable/mentally calm for the first time since coming out of the op yesterday. R E L I E F.

Here is a photo I took on Tuesday night before this all started and the machine was still under plastic. This is the machine which is healing me every hour .... + sitting on top of it is a little wind-up tin rabbit with a grassy back drop which we installed. The radiology technicians giggled when they found the little pink+white rabbit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blessed Morphine ....
Been praying for hands of love under your back.
We send you our love
Maria, Lucho, Max and Sophie XXXXX